Every gym going person ponders upon which protein to choose for supplementation along with their rigorous exercise routine to attain maximum results. Well, not only gym goers but every single person thinks of taking some kind of protein at one point or another in their lives. Whey protein is one of the most popular protein as it contains 9 essential amino acids.The benefits of Whey protein is not just that it improves the protein intake in your body but it is known to offer several other health benefits as well.
What is Whey protein?
Whey protein can be produced by separating the casein protein from milk and it can also be attained as a by-product during cheese production . Remember opening a yogurt can to see liquid floating on it? That liquid is Whey. A number of proven health benefits have been associated with the regular consumption of this protein and a lot more areto be discovered yet.This protein is considered to be superior than many others because it contains 9 essential amino acids which are absorbed quickly by the body.This protein is known to have a very high nutritional value revealing certain health benefits to the body upon timely consumption.
When to take Whey Protein?
If you want to add more protein to your daily diet than Whey protein is the most convenient way. This protein is perfect for gym goers or people who want to follow strict diet.
Benefits of Whey Protein:
- The whey protein is known to offer strength and helps in muscle gain.
- The whey protein is known to aid in weight lose mainly by improving the metabolism and reducing the appetite.
- Lower blood pressuremay also be achieved with regular intake of this protein
- A subsequent reduction in symptoms of stress and depression can be seen with this protein.
- It is also known to provide protection against cancer.
- It improves bone mineral density.
- The whey protein improves the immune function of HIV patients
- This protein may help to treat Type 2 Diabetes.
- It is also known to provide relief in inflammation.
- It may also boost up the antioxidant defences of body.
Side effects of Whey protein:
When we say that protein is really important for our body it means just a limited amount. Too much of it is certainly useless for the body and can even cause some side effects. This is mainly because our body required just a certain amount of protein at any point of time. Side effects of Whey protein are digestive problems, nausea, bloating, pain, diarrhoea, etc when taken in excessive amounts.
Moderate consumption of this protein is generally handled well by most people with a few exceptions.
How to use Whey protein?
A frequently asked question that we get is: How to use Whey protein? Incorporation of the whey protein in a person’s diet is very easy mainly because a wide selection of this protein is available in the market. It comes in a powder form and can be mixed with liquids like milk, water, smoothies for intake.
It is usually recommended to take 1-2 scoops of whey protein powder which is approximately around 25-50 grams.But make sure to read the intake instructions printed on the protein box that you purchase.