L-arginine is a very essential amino acid as it facilitates the production of proteins in the body. It is found in a number of food itemsand can be made to be used in the form of medicines.Even our body produces certain amount of this amino acid and some of it is obtained through our diet. It is required by the body to enable proper functioning. The protein produced by the body with the help of L-arginine works to build muscles and rebuild body tissues. In addition to this L-arginine also releases nitric oxide that widens blood vessels in the blood stream which boosts up the circulation in body.
L-arginine has a lot of potential when it comes to offering multiple benefits to the body. Its benefits range from relief in chest pains and improve in heart health to boosting fertility and muscle build up. Some of the L-arginine uses are:
- Repairs wounds:As L-arginine builds up protein in the body with in turns facilitates muscle production and tissue repair as well. Therefore it helps in repairing of wounds and cuts faster.
- Treats erectile dysfunction: L-arginine has been known to be a magical remedy for people suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Reduces high blood pressure:This amino acid has shown significant reduction in high blood pressure when taken regularly and also improved the overall heart health.
- Controls blood sugar levels: It is known that L-arginine is effective in controlling blood sugar levels.Therefore its quite helpful for diabetic people and highly recommended as well.
- Improves blood circulation: It widens the blood vessels leading to an improvement in circulation of blood in the body.
- Recommended for gym goers: L-arginine helps in muscle build up which can prove to be of great help to regular gym goers. It also boosts the energy in body and therefore helps in exercising.
Researchers are still working continuously to find more uses of L-arginine mainly because it has a lot of potential. Researchers are interested in finding more about this amino acid and its effects on the human body.
L-arginine rich food:
The body’s requirement of L-arginine can be fulfilled withour regular diet and some amount of it is alsoreplenished by the body itself. Some L-arginine rich food are:
- Dairy like milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Meats like chicken, turkey breasts, beef, pork loin, etc.
- Legumes like soyabeans, raw peanuts, chickpeas, etc.
- Nuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds, almonds, dried walnuts, pine nuts, etc.
A number of supplements containing L-arginine are available over the counter in the market but it is quite necessary to consult a doctor or your medical practitioner before consuming anything. Its important to discuss the potential benefits and possible risks associated with such supplements.beforehand. Also make sure to read the label of the product that you are consuming before consumption.